Light and Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Just gonna leave this here
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 pm by FallenSanity

» 2K15 REVIVAL
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm by Nick

» Branra'rin'moloo, core name Tariny
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm by FallenSanity

» Chapter 1 - Da Boyz undah seegj
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am by Janitor

» Testing Polls
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am by Nick

» SWRP-III Chapt. 1
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am by Saarthal

»  Magic in TES (WIP)
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am by Nick

» ESRP Chapter One
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 pm by Nick

» Character Thread
ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am by Nick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posting users this month
No user
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

ESRP Lore thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 pm

This is the thread for all the lore of the ESRP. That is, everything that happens after 4E 200. If you have a piece, it goes here.

ESRP plotline:

Theres a dude, probably some sort of evil wizard or the like, who really REALLY wants to take over the world. Recently, he's come into posession of one of Four ancient artifacts, those being the Crown, the Ring, the Sword, and the Shield, each with its own unique and near godly power. He has come into posession of the Crown, which has given him the ability to raise a small army of Demons (Daedra) and invade Skyrim (or morrowind, or somewhere). Once there, he recruited a fuckload of people, like seriously 3/4 of the province, to his cause (having the crown and all). After this, he begins his invasion of Cyrodil Luckily, the Sword and Sheild are somewhere in Cyrodil, though where is totally unknown. The Wizard now seeks the Ring, which is rumored to be somewhere in the south of Skyrim, and gives the power bind people to him (Basically making them eternal slaves). Now, the hunt begins for the Shield, which is said to have the power to repel any attack, and prevent the Wizard from finding the Sword, which is said to give the power to destroy anything with a flick of the wrist, before it's too late.
Back to top Go down
https://lightanddark.rpg-board.net
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 pm

How the Aldmeri Dominion treats other races (most respect to lowest)

Aldmeri, Bosmer, Dunmer
------
Khajiit
------
Breton, Redguard, Argonian(?)
------
Nord, Imperial
------
Orc

Last edited by Nick on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Late 4E 202/Early 4E 203:

The Imperial Legion were pushed back during the Civil War, losing both Whiterun and Markarth until the winter in which, with better supply lines, the Imperials were able to push the Stormcloaks all the way back to Windhelm. Ulfric Stormcloak was publicly executed upon the first day of 4E 203. This gleaned much support from many who had been unsure on whether the Empire was still strong, leaving the Aldmeri Dominion on the back foot.

4E 204:

Windhelm grows to be a huge city, with few slums. It has a balanced mix of races and all are treated fairly.

Falkreath grows into a city but falls into poverty.

Markarth is captured by the Forsworn and held from then onwards.

Morthal grows into a large city.

The last of the Blades were wiped out during an attack on High Hrothgar in an attempt to kill Paarthurnax. Most of their knowledge is written down in rare books.

Most of Winterhold is rebuilt.

4E 205:

Riverwood becomes a small town and generates it's own Hold.

Late 4E 207:

A plague hits the Summerset Isles. The Empire sees this chance and throws down the terms of the White-Gold Concordat.

4E 208:

Wanting a quick and decisive victory, Imperial forces begin marching on Valenwood at the start of 4E 208. By late 4E 208, the Imperials, now having control of Valenwood prepare a huge fleet for an attack on the Summerset Isles. However a huge storm hits the ships during their passage across the ocean, sinking most of them and severly damaging the Imperial Forces. The Empire is weakened, and forced to fall back.

4E 209:

By 4E 209, Imperial forces are fighting over Valenwood with Aldmeri forces. The war continues in a back and forth style manner with neither side gaining much ground.

4E 221:

Aldmeri sleeper agents assassinate high ranking leaders of the Imperial forces. With the Imperials in disarray, the Aldmeri Dominion Smashes through the frontline, pushing them all the way back to the stronghold of Skingrad in Cyrodil.

4E 222:

Aldmeri forces control most of Cyrodil, and the Empire finally negotiates a surrender.

4E 223:

Empire dissolved. Aldmeri Dominion is now the dominant ruling government throughout Tamriel with the exception of Black Marsh and Elsweyr, which are independent states.

4E 227:

Construction begins of the new Mage Towers across Tamriel, mainly in Cyrodil, which will serve the same purpose as the ladges of the Mage's Guild once did in Cyrodil.

4E 233:

A disastrous collapse into the swamps leaves Morthal in ruins. The city is declared unfit for further settlement.

4E 255:

Solitude is barely able to repel a massive attack by Pirates. The city never fully recovers.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Blackreach   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Blackreach
Blackreach has been restored, the falmer pushed out and kept out by the Blackreach Guard. The Blackreach Guard have the same armor as the guards in Solitude only with Black replacing the the red. The adorn Ebony blades and Ebony Bow and arrows. Blackreach is considered to be it's own Hold, ruled by the Jarl, Jarl Blue-Strider, who take residence in the Hall of Rumination.

Spoiler:

Legend:
A) Exit to Mzinchaleft Gatehouse
B) Elevator to Alftand Cathedral
C) Exit to Blackreach Elevator (Raldbthar)
D) Exit to Blackreach Elevator (Alftand)
E) Elevator to Raldbthar Deep Market
F) Exit to Mzinchaleft Exterior

1) REEKING TOWER
This great subterranean metropolis. Blackreach features multiple access elevators.

The terrain of Blackreach becomes tumultuous around the edges of the cavern but is otherwise quite level and easy.

2) SINDERION’S FIELD LABORATORY[Now lived in by the Curator of Blackreach]
3) SILENT RUIN
Danger! Dwarven Thresher Trap (pressure platedeactivated)
4) HALL OF RUMINATION
The Hall of Rumination is one of three structures located at Blackreach’s city center.
5) PUMPING STATION
6) DEBATE HALL
7) SILENT CITY CATACOMBSDanger! Swinging Blade Trap (pressure plates/lever) It's still active, to protect the dead buried there.
8) WAR QUARTERSWhere the Blackreach Guards stay, it's been renovated like most of Blackreach to fit more men.
9) FARM OVERSEER’S HOUSEThe Farm has been restored completely, it provides food for some of the families in Blackreach.
10) TOWER OF MZARKleads to the Mzark ruins, it's blocked off because scholars are still studying it. One Scholar takes residence in the tower and the others are in the immediate vicinity.
This giant tower stands south of Blackreach’s city center and houses an item of tremendous power.
11) DERELICT PUMPHOUSEis no longer derelict, it's been restored, thanks to Scholars, and now pumps water through the system.
I) OVERPASS This overpass is used to monitor the travel of workers to and from the city.
II) a stone house has been built here, it's home to one of the families of Blackreach.
III) GUARD TOWERSBlackreach Archers stand vigilant, watching for crime or danger.
*Dwarven soldiers likely watched from these towers as workers traveled to and from the city.*

IV) FUNGUS FIELDBlackreach’s giant glowing mushrooms are growing strong here.
V) Checkpoint
VI) BLACKREACH CITY: MAIN GATE
The gate to the dwarves’ capital city lies here, allowing entry from the south.
VII) BLACKREACH ARENARestored: Test your might and risk your life for fame and glory in the ring.
Danger! Dwarven Thresher Trap (lever)
VIII) TROLL DEN A pair of vicious Frost Trolls used to live here, they were slain and there skeletons are now part of a tourist attraction.
IX) SHRINEBeing studied by Scholars
X) MINING CAMPMining camps dot Blackreach, 2-3 workers per camp
XI) VULTHURYOL’S GONGAnother tourist attraction, a local scholar tells the tale about how the Dovakiin slew the great dragon VULTHURYOL after shouting at the gong..
Notice the huge glowing orb floating above the Silent City at the center of Blackreach? Yeah, I thought so.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:39 am

ESRP Lore thread Screen27

Circles are Guard towers
thick black lines are Walls
Thin black lines are expansion
Unmarked squares are houses
The bullding north/above the Helgen sign is a trader who buys and sells just about anything (think Belethor, also remember shopkeepers lived inside their shops.
the Buiding below is a home
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:47 am

Important notes on Magic.

Magic runs in the family.

If you are born of a family that has little to no magic in it's bloodline, you will be born unable to use magic.

Her's an Example:

Idgrod the Younger is a female sorcerer living in Highmoon Hall in Morthal. She takes care of her brother, Joric, with the help of potions given to her by Danica Pure-Spring.

She will often express her concerns over Joric with remarks like "Please don't mind Joric. He's not mad, really he's not." and "To be driven from our homes, to be forced here... this is the last thing that Joric needs." When not worrying about her younger brother she will often worry about herself by telling the player that "Someday I'll be Jarl. Mother reminds me often. I hope I can help the people of Morthal the way she has." and "It's difficult sometimes... To know whether what I see is real or not."
Her parents are Idgrod Ravencrone and Aslfur.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Idgrod%27s_Note

Sister Danica,
Joric's mood is still melancholic, but he is otherwise in strong health. The potions you have given me has eased his nightmares, but I am afraid my family's "gifts" run strong in his veins.
Idgrod the Younger

From this, and others (this is just the easiest in my opinion to explain) show that magic runs in the family. Not everyone is born with magic.

Magic is passed on from generation to generation, (from a biology standpoint magic is something you inherit genetically).

It is, in many respects, related to how the Septim bloodline works.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:30 pm

The more I play skyrim, the more I learn about it. The more I don't agree with the lore we've set into place.

For Example:
Sybille Stentor
If you ask her why Torygg didn't declare Skyrim's independence she will sum up the relationship of Skyrim and the Empire by stating "Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire." before closing with "And Torygg wasn't ready to let it fall apart."

This, whether or not you know it or understand it, speaks volumes about not only the relationship between Nords and the Empire, but the Nords and the Domnion, and the Empire and the Dominion.

Nords make up most of the Empires soldiers, more than the Imperials. Nords have skill in almost all combat areas, two-handed, one-handed, light-armor, heavy armor etc. They are known for their hardiness and stamina.

Skyrim relies upon the Empire for food and supplies, they don't have the resources (despite what you think) to properly sustain themselves. The Empire needs skyrim because it's one of their largest sources of troops and capable fighters.

Imperials are good at leading, Nords fighting.
Imperial leaders (more often than not) fight beside their men, who are mostly nords.

The Dominion is a radical political group. Bosmer and Altmer make it up primarily. However, Not all Altmer agree with the Dominion. This is only rarely shown in Skyrim, I myself can only think of one case, an Altmer General in the Imperial army. (I can't remember his precise location)

I think that in creating the Lore for the ESRP things were rushed and not thought out as thoroughly as they should have been.

The Dominion was not popular in the Summerset isles, not in the beginning.

"Literally translated as "Home of the Elves", the Aldmeri Dominion was an empire that as of 2E 830 made up the realms of Summerset Isle and Valenwood. It was formed when the heirs of the Camoran Dynasty began to fight over the Valenwood throne."

"The Home of the Elves" is a misnomer. Only the Altmer and Bosmer were included in the Aldmeri Dominion. When I have time I'll explain this in (hopefully) greater detail.

I'm not going to sit here and pick out the flaws in the Lore that was created, but I will mention a few them. (not now, but in the future when I've more time.)
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm

That doesn't mean we can't have it the way we've written though. It's our Role Play. So it's our decision as to how things played out.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:25 am

"Our" Roleplay.

I'm taking issue with some of the things set into Lore because upon investigation they seem not only out of place but the likely-hood of them happening is so low that it'd take a Divine to change it.

There are things in the Lore that just seem shortsighted.

This is what I disagree with:

Quote :
4E 208:

Wanting a quick and decisive victory, Imperial forces begin marching on Valenwood at the start of 4E 208. By late 4E 208, the Imperials, now having control of Valenwood prepare a huge fleet for an attack on the Summerset Isles. However a huge storm hits the ships during their passage across the ocean, sinking most of them and severly damaging the Imperial Forces. The Empire is weakened, and forced to fall back.

The Imperial Legion is not known for making brash actions, what's been said here is not only a brash action, it's impractical. The Imperial Legion know very little about Valenwood because the forest/jungle is so dense and the wildlife so dangerous that their attempts to scout it have failed. This is not only mentioned in-game in Oblivion and Morrowind but it's written down in a book.

Before the Treaty of the White-gold Concordant the Legion pushed the Thalmor, the Aldmeri Dominion, out of Tamriel, as you hsould remember from playing Skyrim. The only reason they signed the treaty was because the troops were exhausted. After the treaty the Legion regained it's strength, the Thalmor only had Justiciars present in both Tamriel and Skyrim.

What am I saying? The Legion would have not gone into Valenwood.

Quote :
4E 204:

Windhelm grows to be a huge city, with few slums. It has a balanced mix of races and all are treated fairly.

Falkreath grows into a city but falls into poverty.

Markarth is captured by the Forsworn and held from then onwards.

Morthal grows into a large city.

The last of the Blades were wiped out during an attack on High Hrothgar in an attempt to kill Paarthurnax. Most of their knowledge is written down in rare books.

Most of Winterhold is rebuilt.

Windhelm. It would have never become "balanced" in terms of residential races. It's a Nord city on the border of Skyrim and Morrowind, it would have more Dunmer and Argonians, but they would always be the majority. Racism just not just disappear, it's part of the Windhelm Culture.

Falkreath was already a poor hold. In fact, the only time it wasn't poor was when it was founded, it was all downhill from there. But reached a state of constance.

Quote :

Late 4E 207:

A plague hits the Summerset Isles. The Empire sees this chance and throws down the terms of the White-Gold Concordat.

A plague would not dishevel the Aldmeri Dominion. The Thalmor are a radical political group (i've said this before). Read: this to learn more about them.

The Empire would not violate the treaty. They have millions of reasons why not to, I could see a renegotiation of the Justiciars ability to essentially kidnap people. Among other things.

Quote :

4E 223:

Empire dissolved. Aldmeri Dominion is now the dominant ruling government throughout Tamriel with the exception of Black Marsh and Elsweyr, which are independent states.

Problem: Elsweyr is part of the aldmeri dominion, they're trading partners.

No one has ever successfully held blackmarsh.
The natives of Morrowind Ie. the tribals, would fight the Aldmeri Dominion until they were wiped out. they don't particularly like outsiders. Vvardenfel is a good example of this.

Quote :
4E 233:

A disastrous collapse into the swamps leaves Morthal in ruins. The city is declared unfit for further settlement.
Not really saying this is bad, I'm just thinking out load here:
Morthal is located in an estuary. most of morthal is actually built on stone, they wouldn't be able to expand into the marsh because any buildings they would build would sink into it. They'd have to build either up the mountain or west, up the hill and on sturdier ground. The locals would know this. (The local carpenter would know this.) Why do you think the homes above the river are elevated?

Quote :
4E 255:

Solitude is barely able to repel a massive attack by Pirates. The city never fully recovers.
1.) The pirates would have had to have stormed the hold at night.
2.) That's a lot of pirates.
3.)There's only two entrances into Solitude, up the stairs in the tower (located just past the bridge over the EEC) and the main gate.
4.) I understand the City never fully recovering, it's the pirate attack that gets me. They'd be able to withstand a siege for weeks. the pirates would've starved or left by then.

Addendum 1:

The Greybeards/Graybeards

they don't get involved in politics or war. They sit at the top of a mountain and meditate. The Aldmeri would have left them alone because they aren't a threat. They have a history of not doing anything but sit on their asses. Paarthurnax would've also been pretty irate if anyone tried to kill them all.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Shadowmages and more   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Shadowmagic
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shadowkey:Scroll_of_Shadow
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Azra_Nightwielder

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Wars

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fourth_Era

4E 22 — The Thalmor seize control of Summerset Isle and rename it Alinor.

4E 29 — The Aldmeri Dominion is recreated after Alinor and Valenwood proclaim a union, and all contact is severed with the Empire.
-The union came about after a Thalmor-backed coup overthrew Valenwood's government. The Empire and its Bosmer allies in the Imperial-backed government are caught off-guard and defeated by better prepared Bosmer and Thalmor troops following the coup.
-The Dominion severs all contact with the Empire and is silent for the next 70 years. Most Imperial scholars believe that there was some sort of internal strife in Alinor during this period

4E 42 — The Night of Green Fire occurs in Sentinel.
-Altmer dissidents who have fled to Sentinel from the Thalmor in Summerset Isle are attacked by Thalmor operatives. Their efforts to fight back against the Thalmor are in vain, and by the time Imperial Legion soldiers arrive, the entire refugee district of the city has been destroyed. The event came to be known as 'The Night of Green Fire' due to the destructive magic attacks employed by both sides during the battle.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Images of places in the ESRP (will be edited)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-concept-08.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESRP Lore thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Lore thread   ESRP Lore thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESRP Lore thread
Page 1 of 1