Light and Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Just gonna leave this here
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 pm by FallenSanity

» 2K15 REVIVAL
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm by Nick

» Branra'rin'moloo, core name Tariny
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm by FallenSanity

» Chapter 1 - Da Boyz undah seegj
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am by Janitor

» Testing Polls
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am by Nick

» SWRP-III Chapt. 1
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am by Saarthal

»  Magic in TES (WIP)
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am by Nick

» ESRP Chapter One
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 pm by Nick

» Character Thread
Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am by Nick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posting users this month
No user
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Possible story idea.

Go down 
4 posters

You like this idea?
Yes, but I don't think it should be used
Possible story idea. I_vote_lcap20%Possible story idea. I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Yes, let's use this
Possible story idea. I_vote_lcap60%Possible story idea. I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No, I don't like the idea
Possible story idea. I_vote_lcap20%Possible story idea. I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

Possible story idea. Empty
PostSubject: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:02 am

Assuming The Legend isn't set in stone, or what we are going for, this is just an idea for an overall plot device, or maybe just a miniature plot device? I dunno, the rest of you decide.

Idea so far. The ancient people who also wrote the book Ethan's char was reading also made temples. Puzzle temples which hid relics. Weapons and artifacts of such magical power that they were sealed away to be found by those who could use them responsibly. The temples are designed so it can only be solved by multiple people, as little as two and as many as seven could be needed, each one is different.

The weapons would each be focused on one area of magic, and can only be wielded by those using the same magic. Key word using. If you can use ice magic, but aren't actively using it, you can't wield the ice weapon. You don't have to be doing anything, just be using it. Having it ready. Now, the weapons themselves do two things. The actual weapon has an attribute associated with it based on it's magic. So, maybe, a sword that is based on light can be something like, it looks unremarkable in combat. As in, it doesn't look threatening, or something you should worry about, as it is flying at your face. Now, if you focus intently on it, then you can see through it, but it's effect would still be there. Or even a weapon based on ice would be something like if the blade touches skin, only the parts where it touches get hypothermia, or frostbite. Something along those lines.

Also, while they are being wielded, your magic strength is increased. So, making a fireball is easier. Not as easy as lighting a fire, but still easy. However, this is a double edged sword, no pun intended. It is also capable of making you go overboard. It's like Spartan armor. It augments you to the point where if you use your normal strength, you might go too far. Like when John tried to salute when he first put the armor on, his hand smacked him in the forehead with enough force to knock himself backwards. So, wielding a wind weapon, and then trying to call up a gust of wind, the wind will be much stronger than expected.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm

I thought we had an overlying plot device already with wanting to end the civil war.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:40 pm

We do, but that doesn't mean this can't be done as well. It's just an idea anyway, something we can add to the story. I get a lot of ideas sometimes, so I just picked one and wrote it out.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 pm

While this is not a bad idea, it does have one issue, and that's that in the FRP canon it is set that there has only ever been one race that is lost to the sands of time, the Skypians. It is also set that a magic/sentient weapon only remains so so long as their master is alive and is it's wielder, so when these weapons were left in the Temples, they would become no more than regular steel. Also, weapons (or really anything) of such enchantments dont actually exist in the FRP-verse. Not even the Skypians could achieve such a thing.
Back to top Go down
https://lightanddark.rpg-board.net
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Well, that does kinda put a damper on it. Oh well, if we really want to have these puzzle temple stuff we can have some other reward be in there, or nothing and just have a note or something saying "Haha, biches, i got here firs and took all the good stuff. SUCK IT" and then like a picture of a dick or something.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Ah, new idea. Instead of elemental weapons, mechanical ones.

Designed by a human long dead, who also made the puzzle temples (not by himself, he had help obviously), these weapons are unique in that the internal mechanisms aren't easily explained. They don't have any magical properties, it's all explainable with physics, but they just seem to so some crazy things.

For example, one spear that this inventor created had a twisting handle. When you twisted it one way, it extended by one foot in each direction, and the spear tips would flare out into multiple blades. http://burnermeen.deviantart.com/favourites/?offset=24#/d4t4ewp

Or a hand scythe that opens up as you swing it, with more speed opening it up further until it separated into three blades.
http://burnermeen.deviantart.com/favourites/?offset=0#/d2ktp9z

that could be something to think about
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity

FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I think this is a good idea, in theory. But it needs to be properly refined. It's not very specific just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible story idea.   Possible story idea. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible story idea.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light and Dark :: Fantasy RP-
Jump to: